Thursday, October 29, 2009

How I Got Publicity for My Business on National TV and What I Learned Getting There

A while ago I decided it was time to get some advertisement on national TV to promote my book and ghostwriting services.

Shortly after setting this goal, I reached her on the Fox & Friends, the national morning show on Fox News Channel that reaches millions of people across the country!

Today I can handle almost more business than I, and the Fox appearance, has led five other TV appearances on shows across the country. Here's how it all happened, and what Ilearned in the process:

1. Relationships are the name of the media game.

When I got it my goal, on national television, I take the leap and went to the most expensive conference I have ever visited, The National Publicity Summit (www.freepublicity.com/nps07), where I personally met nearly 100 producers and journalists from major media like CNN, Fox News, The View, 48 hours, Live With Regis & Kelly, Oprah Magazine and Forbes. It's like speed dating with theCountry's top media. I have arranged a short personal meetings with individual and agreed in advance. No cold calls. No voice mail.

It was during one of these meetings at the National Publicity Summit, I spoke with the producer for Fox & Friends. I also have a great contact at Time magazine, with a former Oprah producer and producer of Live with Regis & Kelly.

I have kept in touch with all of them and most of them have helped me to one degree or another. In fact, without these relationships, Ihave probably never get on national television.

2. You need your own publicist.

I do not care if you are the best publicist or PR firm in the world - no one will do to better promote the work, than you simply because no one cares what you are, how much support have ceased like you. Plus, even if it is a journalist - and I am now with one, save me some time - will be able to get good angles themselves are essential to the best ofthem.

3. Try to link with the news.

Before we had our individual meetings with the producers and journalists at the summit, trained their staff, that I come with the kind of angles and ideas of the media loves. For example, I have learned one of the best strategies is to figure out how to tie it into what is happening in the news.

When I was invited to appear on Fox, it was up to the presidential candidates in terms of rate, how honest they have the use of a ghostwriter for herBiographies - because it was primary season were all the news channels on the lookout for an angle that has not already been used to discuss the election. If you have a story, a manufacturer is already in the process are interested, you can (and most are always on the lookout for new angles on stories that) is already in the news, you are more than 90% of the way there.

4. Milk your appearance for all worthwhile.

Now I can say that the Fox News Channel refers to me as a "ghostwriting guru." This is advertising youJust do not buy at any price. It was no more than a few days after my appearance, I began plastering all my promotional materials with the phrase. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, is the fact I was at Fox it much easier on other segments of the country shows.



Thanks To : How to Buy Ceap Airline Tickets With a little for Flights from thailand and Airline Tickets photos of world

No comments:

Post a Comment